Do you get told you’re “too nice for your own good?”
- You put others’ needs first, before your own
- You know you should stand up for yourself but don’t do it
- You often feel resentful
- You distract yourself from difficult feelings
- You have conversations going round and round your head, affecting your sleep and peace of mind
When it’s out of control, a ‘good’ thing can lead to bad outcomes – for you and for others.
Good news: You can fix this. You need to a few things and practice some skills. But you can do that.
More good news: You don’t have to become mean and selfish. You can be kind and strong.
You can learn to
- Be at peace with yourself
- Enjoy more balanced, fulfilling relationships
- Feel comfortable saying ‘no’
- Resist the urge to always drop what you want to follow everyone else’s agenda
- Make time to do things that nourish and support you
- Help others when you want to and when it’s right rather than out of habit
Start getting on your own side with my free video mini-course Four steps to stop rescuing and start becoming a better friend to yourself. Just enter your email address here and start receiving them straight away.